Time for another unisex gift guide for Christmas 2017! Yesterday we looked at accessories, jewellery & watches, in case you missed it. Today’s all about top quality and good value skincare, plus the best shared fragrances. Skincare is skincare, and the same basic principles apply whatever your gender, so we’ll be starting off with skincare treats that make great stocking fillers.
Then we’ll be moving on to some of the best new unisex fragrances around – it’s been a good couple of years for interesting new launches. Some of the most celebrated high end fragrances have always been ungendered anyway, so I’ll be carrying on with this grand tradition well into AW17 and beyond. I’ve done my best to find you a few ways to save money here and there too, so enjoy.
Unisex skincare, bath & body treats
- Origins Ginzing Energy Boosting SPF40 Tinted Mosturiser. RRP £30 for 50ml. Improves the appearance of pasty, dry winter skin without makeup. £29 at Boots, also in their offer for 10% off when you buy two premium beauty or skincare products.
- Paula’s Choice Resist Super Light Daily Wrinkle Defence SPF30. RRP £32 for 60ml. A great quality lightly tinted moisturiser with SPF and no added fragrances, designed for combination or oily skin. Dries semi matte with a tiny hint of colour. Available from Paula’s Choice UK or LookFantastic. The whole Resist range for combo / oily skin is top notch, as is the 10% off deal on beauty favourites.
- My Trusty Sunflower Body Butter. RRP £8.99. Highly effective body butter with a light fragrance of bergamot, orange and neroli essential oils. £5.29 at Superdrug. Their face & body oil and unfragranced hand lotion and body lotion are all excellent. Also available directly from MyTrusty and Lloyds Pharmacy.
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Serum. RRP £24.99 for 30ml. Effective way to give all skin types a luxurious moisture boost, and has a light inoffensive fragrance. OFFERS: £16.55 at Garden Pharmacy, also in the 3-for-2 expert skincare mix & match at Superdrug, and the identical offer at Boots.
- Crabtree & Evelyn White Cardamom Indulgent Treats gift set. RRP £26. The latest fragrance from Crabtree & Evelyn is a delicious blend of light spices, and this gift set contains 100ml shower gel, a tube of body cream and a shea butter hand cream. Available from Crabtree & Evelyn, or Look Fantastic (includes free gift of a 100ml rosewater & pink pepper shower bauble). The whole range of body care & home fragrance is beautiful, with prices from £8 for a 25ml hand cream in a Christmas cracker.
- Malin & Goetz Lip Moisturizer, 7g. Unfragranced, effective, perfect little stocking filler. £10 at Space NK and Liberty.
- Hylamide Matte 12 Finisher. RRP £23 for 30ml. The most effective way to control t-zone shine without resorting to powder, good for hot dates and job interviews. Unfragranced and non-drying. £17.25 at LoveMakeup.
- Roger & Gallet Bois d’Orange shower gel. RRP £9.50 for 200ml. Smells of mandarin oranges, what more could you want in your Christmas stocking? OFFERS: Get it for £6.33 at Escentual, or £6.20 at CocoonCenter. For Bois d’Orange gift sets, the best offers are at OnlinePharmacyUK, including £9.50 for handcare set, and £22.50 for eau de toilette + shower gel + body lotion.
Now let’s move on to the next part of our 2017 unisex gift guide – the delicious new fragrances…
Best unisex fragrances
- Calvin Klein CK2. RRP £70 for 160ml eau de toilette, £53 for 100ml eau de toilette, £40 for 50ml EDT, £30 for 30ml EDT. A light woody aromatic, with notes of wet pebbles, violet leaf, wasabi and mandarin. Fresh fragrance with a hint of clean laundry. OFFERS: £29.80 for 180ml at Perfume Click, £25.05 for 100ml at Perfume Click, £19.95 for 50ml at Perfume Click. There’s also a gift set (100ml + deodorant stick, RRP £53) for £31.25 at Perfume Click. Extra 5% off fragrance over £30 at Perfume Click for the next 3 days with code: XMAS2017.
- Jo Malone English Oak and Hazelnut. RRP £90 for 100ml eau de cologne, £45 for 30ml EDC. A woody spicy fragrance, with notes of oak, cedar and hazelnut. Woody and slightly nutty, with a touch of bonfire. Buy at Jo Malone, John Lewis, Selfridges or Harvey Nichols. No discounts available, but ordering directly from Jo Malone usually gets you miniatures / free samples.
- Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate. RRP £75 for 100ml eau de cologne. A light fruity fragrance with notes of rhubarb, red berries and musk. Sweet and tart daytime fragrance. OFFERS: £55.22 for 100ml cologne at Amazon UK, and £75 for a 4-piece gift set including 100ml cologne at AllBeauty.
- Sarah Jessica Parker Stash SJP. RRP £60 for 100ml eau de parfum,£48 for 50ml EDP, £32 for 30ml EDP, £20 for 10ml EDP (rollerball). A woody aromatic fragrance with notes of massoia wood, vetiver, olibanum, patchouli and musk. Strong, sexy woody scent with incense, smells a lot more expensive than it really is. OFFERS: £50 for 100ml online at Superdrug, £40 for 50ml online at Superdrug, Also available as a hair and body elixir, £35 for 30ml from The Beauty Store, along with 30ml bottles and 20ml rollerball at standard price.
- Acqua di Parma Colonia Pura. RRP £120 for 180ml eau de cologne, £91 for 100ml EDC, £66 for 50ml EDC. A citrus aromatic, with notes of ozone, bergamot, orange, jasmine and a hint of musk. A modern take on the classic fragrance worn by both Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. OFFERS: £77.35 for 100ml at John Lewis.
- Gorilla Perfume (Lush) Cardamom Coffee. RRP £79 for 100ml, £39 for 30ml. An oriental spicy fragrance, with notes of cardamom, oud wood, coffee and a hint of rose. Long lasting and well blended, this is a mix of soft spices, with a backnote of vanilla latte. Buy it at Lush, also available as a solid fragrance for £9, or a solid body wash card for £2.
Have you seen anything you like the look of? Many of these unisex gift guide offers are only going to be around for a few days, or there’s limited stock so don’t hang about if you’ve seen anything special.