Time for one more round of unisex Christmas gifts, this time it’s clothes and shoes that’d make good presents.
Unisex / ungendered clothing and footwear aren’t entirely new. For example, many flat shoes, boots and trainers from specific brands have always been unisex. However, many high street retailers are branching out with new gender neutral / non binary ranges, and some of them are well worth a look.
Top row, left to right:
- Pink & tropical print ‘&’ t-shirt by GLAAD x ASOS. £18 at ASOS. All items in this range give a £3 donation to GLAAD.
- Doom & Gloom sweater by Ashish x River Island. £60.00 at River Island. Designed to be unisex, as are most of the items in this designer colab collection. The slogan tops are all good fun.
- Grey short sleeve gender free shirt. RRP £45, £36 in sale at GFW. The shirts at GFW all come in a choice of four different cuts to suit your body shape and the look you want. I especially love this punky one with its tartan trim, but there are plenty of different designs to choose from.
Bottom row, left to right:
- Wide leg Winnie ‘mom’ jeans by Bethnalls. RRP £125.00, currently reduced to £45 at ASOS. All the Bethnalls jeans and trousers are unisex styles, ranging from formal to relaxed, and most of them are on sale right now.
- Pyjama bottoms by Asish x River Island. £30 at River Island. Worn by male and female models in their ad campaign. There’s also a matching top, with gold embroidery that says ‘Good In Bed’.
- Tate x Dr. Martens William Blake backhand brogues. £120.00 at Dr. Martens. Part of a unique and striking limited edition collection featuring the artist’s illustrations. Part of a larger unisex range.
- Adidas gazelle trainers in ‘collegiate burgundy’ with white stripes. £69.99 at Office. This has long been a unisex design, updated for this season in a dark red colourway.
Back soon with a gift guide for foodies, and plenty more besides…