Unisex gift guide: Accessories, jewellery & watches
Need some inspiration for Christmas gifts? Fed up of all those predictable ‘gifts for him’ and ‘gifts for her’ articles? Great, here’s my first Unisex Gift Guide for Christmas 2017 – lots of ideas for all kinds of people, with an emphasis on quality and hopefully a bit less stereotyped gubbins.
So this is for everyone, whether you have minimalist style, you’re feeling a little bit rock and roll, or you’re looking for something that has broad appeal, or is gender-neutral / ungendered / gender-free / non-binary etc. Wherever possible I’ve tried to find you a deal on everything as well, which is always a bonus at this time of year.
- Shikumi oversized knitted scarf with pierced detail. RRP £25.00, on sale for £17.50 at ASOS. The whole shikumi range is unisex and it’s a lot of fun. Find Shikumi at ASOS.
- Parallel Pink unisex crew socks by YuSquare. Available on EtsyUK for £7.00 per pair. Bright, cheerful and individual (just remember to allow time for shipping).
- Barts Eclipse reversible unisex beanie hat. £20.51 on Amazon. Four looks for the price of one, various colour options available too (ships from Germany).
- Dr. Martens unisex black leather 11″ croc satchel. RRP £125.00. There’s a big batch of rather nice new unisex items on their website just in time for Christmas.
- Snakehive bottle green phone case. RRP £21.95 at Snakehive. Gorgeous quality cases for different makes and models of phones, and lots of different colours and finishes.
- Towers green unisex crew socks by YuSquare. Available on EtsyUK for £7.00 per pair. The whole shop is lovely, have a peek (remember to allow time for shipping).
- UNIQLO unisex cashmere scarf, online only. £39.90 at UNIQLO. These lovely quality scarves are probably the best on the high street and they’re sold in both the menswear and womenswear sections, but… spoiler alert… they’re exactly the same. Many colour options, plus matching gloves and beanies (both £24.90 each).
Let me know if you’ve seen anything you like. What’s your favourite?
Unisex jewellery and watches
- Opes Rohbur gold plated screw cuff bracelet. RRP £189, on offer for £133 at Wolf & Badger. There’s something amusing about the idea of golden handcuffs. Or is that just me?
- Pyrrah Never Look Back sterling silver pendant. All Pyrrah’s silver necklaces are unisex, and they’re handmade made from reclaimed metals giving each one a unique finish. RRP £189, found on Amazon UK for £47.25.
- Garmin Vivomove fitness tracker watch with brown leather strap. RRP £240, found on Handtec for £125.88. This is the premium version of their fitness tracker with step counter, accelerometer, sleep monitor and a 1-year battery life.
- Henry London unisex 39mm Piccadilly leather strap watch. RRP £95, on offer at Wolf & Badger for £57. A sleek urban watch with a touch of 1960s retro styling about it. Selling like hot cakes! Here’s the rest of the unisex range.
- Screw top stud earrings in gold plated finish by Matthew Calvin. £50 on Notonthehighstreet. Also available in sterling silver. Part of Calvin’s range of industrial-inspired pieces, most of which are easily worn as unisex jewellery.
- GLAAD x ASOS ampersand ring. £8 at ASOS. Five different sizes, featuring a silvertone ‘&’ symbol, price inclues a £5 donation to GLAAD. The whole GLAAD x ASOS collection is here.
- Opes Rohbur silver steel omega cuff. £119 at Wolf & Badger. Attractive minimalist styling. The full range is here, including some sale items.
Is there anyone in your life who’d appreciate one of these gifts? Or (like me) are you maybe thinking about treating yourself to a little something?
The next unisex gift guide in this series is going to be for fragrances, skincare and bath & body. Ideal stocking fillers for all kinds of people. Even the really, really fussy ones. See you tomorrow.