Thursday Treat Time: New Tesco homeware ranges
Today it’s time for some fantastically affordable treats for the home, and once more we are linking up with Work from Home Wisdom to bring you a double helping of goodies. Here’s a run through of the new trend collections from Tesco – see what catches your eye!
When your living space is comfortable, and reflects your tastes and your personality, it can be a real boost to your home life and it makes entertaining more enjoyable too. All the better if your homewares and furniture are affordable and easy to find.
There are five main trends in the new Tesco collection:
- Monochrome – graphic black and white, geometric shapes, and a splash of citrus yellow for a modern look.
- Sherbet Crush – summery candy colours mixed with pastels for a bright and cheerful, comfortable home.
- Moroccan – ornate finishes, tiles and metals, and a range of vases and lanterns for some Eastern promise.
- Couture – flowers, soft pink and cream shades, and baroque picture frames for a touch of feminine luxury.
- Seaside – the nautical look with blues, softwoods and whitewash, for a calming and relaxed environment.
Tesco challenged me to pick a room and a trend, and have some fun with their latest home products. How could I resist? I chose the monochrome look for the kitchen and dining area and here’s what happened next…
This is the white vase from the Monochrome collection, and it’s a beauty. It’s only £7.50 this week in the online sale (usually £10), and it has such a good weight to it – perfect for holding a big bunch of eye-catching flowers or mixing and matching with other ornaments. Looks a lot more expensive than it is, and has a gorgeous geometric raised pattern on it that’s part classic and part futuristic, a bit like it’s been taken from the set of Blade Runner.
Next up we have the Atlanta 12-piece dinner set for four people, in porcelain with freeform spiral designs on each piece (£30). I love this, it’s just right for fun and informal dining and it lends itself nicely to bright fiesta colours as well as plainer, more everyday settings. For some reason it makes me think of Tim Burton movies. The black side plates are a clever, quirky detail, and look great if you put them on top of the large white plates when you’re serving the starter course at a dinner party. There are also matching mugs (£2) and pasta bowls (£3) in this range, sold separately.
And finally I took the set of three Monochrome box frames (£12 for the set), and used them to brighten up a kitchen worktop by adding in some pictures of strawberries, champagne and fruit meringues. They’re cheap and cheerful and an easy way to create a colourful feature with a touch of pop art appeal. The frames are also quite deep, so you could add small ornaments to them as well if you wish, as in the picture above.
Get the look!
If you’d like to try some of these new products out for yourself, here are some of the hottest picks from the latest collection to help you get the look.
Top row, from left to right:
- Atlanta 12-piece porcelain dinner set for four people, £30
- Chevron print cushion with yellow piping, £10
- Framed NYC photo print 40cm x 50cm, £9 in the sale
Middle row, from left to right:
- Jones & Co silcone fab clock in yellow, £12 in the sale
- Glass shadow picture frame 4″x6″, £4
- So Many of my Smiles canvas print 40cm x 50cm, £5.50
- White geometric vase, £7.50 in the sale
- Stacking mug set, £10
Bottom row, from left to right:
- Set of three box picture frames, £12
- Dog tooth check cushion, £10
- Moroccan sculpted pillar candle in light gray, £2.50
- Ombre stripe print double duvet bedding set, £15
Do you like the look of anything in the new Tesco Direct home collections? Any favourite pieces or designs?
[box type=”alert” style=”rounded” border=”full” icon=”none”]Don’t forget to visit Work from Home Wisdom too, where Judy Heminsley’s interviewing the most excellent Emma Cossey, editor of The Freelance Lifestyle and all-round wonder woman about treats for freelancers.
*Come back and join both of us next week for another Thursday Treat Time!*[/box]