The £10 spring makeup challenge: Off duty looks
After writing my recent budget cosmetics product overviews, I thought it would be fun to put together a few options for new spring looks – again these are all under £10 per collection, including postage and packing. To start with today there are two off duty, casual mini-makeovers for you.
These are both pulled together from the E.L.F. website, rather than mixing and matching the brands, so that you’re only paying one lot of P&P. While some of their products are a bit hit and miss, many E.L.F. cosmetics are big hits that come with tiny price tags and attractive, subtle colours.
Look 1 – healthy glow
This is a quick look to give a gentle glow, rather than an obviously made up effect. It doesn’t include nail colour as I haven’t had much luck with their polishes. The products are:
- Essentials Brightening Eye Colour in Ethereal, £1.00. A barely-there quad of soft colours.
- Essentials Blush With Brush in Glow, £2.50. Peach with a soft gold glow.
- Mineral Moisturising Lip Tint in Guava, £3.50. Lip balm with a hint of ‘my lips but better’ colour.
All these products have alternative shades that might suit cooler or darker skin tones.
Look 2 – casual chic
This has more emphasis on eyes and lips, but it’s still a soft, relaxed look that’s fairly subtle and easy to wear. The products are:
- Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow in Miss Popular, £3.00. A blendable taupe with rosy undertone, to apply wet or dry.
- Studio Cream Blush in Tease, £3.00. Oil-free neutral pink with long-lasting powder finish.
- Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Strawberry. A red lipgloss with coral undertone (the pic above looks a bit lighter than it really is).
Some of the items are in the sale, so they’re cheaper than usual. You may be able to get them even cheaper with discount codes as the company has regular offers.
Coming up next: smarter/workplace looks using different brands, and makeup for nights out, all for under £10 per collection.
Do you have any reasonably-priced spring makeup favourites?