We’re on to Day Six of our ‘Cosy up for the Autumn‘ Tenner Week Challenge and by now funds may be running low. That’s why today’s activity is about the simple (and FREE!) pleasures of the season and it’s called ‘Autumn walks & long reads‘.
All you have to do today is pick one or more of the following activities, and get stuck into them. Enjoy yourself, and make the most of the weekend.
You could try:
- Taking a walk and kicking through fallen leaves
- Borrowing a library book and reading for an hour or more
- Reading a long feature article online
- Making a cake, some bread or a casserole
- Having a soak in a warm bubble bath
- Watching spooky Halloween shows
- Planning a lie-in for tomorrow morning (prep some breakfast, such as pancake mix or cinnamon porridge mix the night before, and set a breakfast tray)
- Drinking hot chocolate in front of old movies with a blanket over your knees
It’s up to you how many of these you get up to, but try to manage at least one.
What’s happening here
Yesterday was yet another zero spend day, so the total spent so far this week is still £7.09. We’re running a bit low on milk now so I might have to buy some today or tomorrow, or I could just do without.
Yesterday night’s dinner was a rice crust quiche with a smoked salmon topping, and a beetroot salad on the side. The salmon was bought a while back when it was on offer, and was waiting in the freezer to be used up. We followed that up with some warm spiced apricots and raisins from the storecupboard and watched some Netflix after that. A quiet night in but very relaxing.
Today I’ll be doing some work on my kitchen garden and going for a walk through the local park. I might manage to tick a few other activities off the list later too, depending on how much time’s left after that. Let’s see.
How is your budget going so far, and will you make it to the end of the week without overspending? Which of the activities on the ‘Autumn walks and long reads’ list appeals to you the most today?