Tenner Week Jan 2015: Day 2
Today’s activity is all about finding yourself something nice for free. Ideally this should be a true freebie, where no additional spending is required.
Where could you look for free stuff today?
Start by making the most of what’s available locally:
· Visit the local library and use one of their free services
· Check out local shop windows, notice boards, forums or websites for free events (you might find anything from music recitals or mini-festivals to free evening classes)
· Join your local Freecycle or Freegle community
· Browse the Free section on Preloved, Gumtree or Craigslist, or in your local paper
· Visit your local tip – good quality items are often kept to one side
Then move on to some general freebie hunting:
· Search through the coupons or inserts in your local paper, free papers, national press, magazines
· Look for free samples of food or drink at the market, deli or supermarket
· Visit a department store or boutique for fragrance, toiletries or makeup samples
· Try gym chain websites for free gym trials and temporary memberships: LA Fitness, Fitness First etc
· Visit specialist freebie websites (stick with the big names): MagicFreebies, FreebiesWorld, Freebies365, LatestFreeStuff
· Download a smartphone discounts or freebies app: VoucherCodes.co.uk, MyVoucherCodes, O2 Priority Moments etc
· ‘Like’ some of your favourite brands on Facebook and look for giveaways
· Follow your favourite brands on Twitter for competitions and giveaways
· Search for hashtags such as #free, #freebie, #freestuff or #FreebieFriday on Twitter (#skint and #thrifty are handy too)
· Check membership cards and loyalty schemes for subscriber-only offers (for example, myJohnLewis or Waitrose)If you’re on any mailing lists, check emails and letters for giveaways
Good luck! Let us know what you find!