It’s Day Six of our ‘Back to class’ Tenner Week challenge. Today’s free, or very cheap, activity is to have your own ‘art class’ and have some fun being creative.
Cut loose and try something new, or simply paint like no-one’s looking. You don’t have to create a masterpiece today, just enjoy the process and see how you get along. Have a look around your home and see what sort of materials you already have, from art and craft materials to writing notebooks, music apps and video editing software.
There are so many ways to be creative and express yourself, so consider trying one or more of the following ideas:
- Paint with oils, acrylics or watercolours
- Sketch with pencils, pens, charcoals or pastels
- Do some colouring in of books or online printables
- Make 3D sculptures with clay, putty, papier mache or card
- Upcycle some found objects with paint or decoupage
- Use free software to create images, animations, or interesting photo edits
- Textiles, sewing, crochet, knitting, macrame, jewellery making
- Write jokes, poems, prose, micro fiction, etc
- Write or play some music, or sing or dance
I’m sure you can think of plenty more ideas yourself, in case none of the ones above appeal to you. As long as it’s something where you’re using your imagination then it’s fine.
At home here I think I’ll be sketching out some ideas for a new book, with the aid of some jaffa cakes and a pot of tea. Starting with a big brain dump, and then maybe sifting through to get something more coherent after that if there’s enough time.
My budget is doing okay, although I did have to get some milk and bread the other day so I’ve broken into the £10 note now. There’s still enough for a couple of drinks etc over the weekend, and I’m looking forward to a couple of days off.
Have a great time getting creative today, and let us know how you get on! How’s your budget going?