Tenner Week: Day 0: Sunday Stocktake
Tenner Week starts tomorrow – are you ready for the £10 Challenge?
Today is a chance to get organised, and I’ll be taking out a £10 note later before the week starts, and putting any other change away.
If you aren’t too busy today, it’s a good idea to carry out a small stocktake. If you’re short of time, just a quick look at your food supplies is all you need.
Make a note of anything that’s near its use by date, and either freeze it or remind yourself to use it up first. The less waste this week, the better.
- The fridge (including the contents of the fridge door and the salad box)
- The freezer / icebox
- Kitchen shelves / storecupboards
- Worktop canisters: tea, coffee, sugar etc
- Snack boxes / biscuit barrel
- Stored food & drink in garage / pantry / shed / under the stairs
- Wine rack
- Bread bin
- Fruit bowl
- Secret chocolate stash
If you have time, sketch out a quick menu for the week too. Remember to include packed lunches. Oh, and store those leftovers carefully if you’re doing a big Sunday lunch or dinner…
Are you doing a Sunday Stocktake? What’s going on your menu?