Tenner Week: Day 0: Sunday stocktake
Our latest Tenner Week budgeting challenge officially starts tomorrow, but you might like to get ahead of things today with an optional Sunday Stocktake. You’re living on a budget of £10 for your personal spending, and here’s a quick reminder of the Tenner Week Rules so you know exactly what’s included and what isn’t.
The theme of the September Jump Start is ‘Back to School (for grown ups)’, and the theme for our latest Tenner Week is going to be ‘Back to Class’ so expect all kinds of ways to build up your skills and learn something new – however tight your budget might be.
Tenner Week Schedule
Here’s a quick running order for the week, with something new to try every day.
- Day 0: Sunday Stocktake (today, see below)
- Day 1: Home economics, learn a new recipe
- Day 2: Attend a lecture
- Day 3: Practical skills day
- Day 4: Documentary day
- Day 5: Hit the library
- Day 6: Art class day
- Day 7: PE that doesn’t suck day
There’s also an optional TV Diet for the week, where you limit your telly screen time to free up time for your other activities and interests. Please note that TV time for Day 4, Documentary Day, isn’t included in the weekly total of the TV Diet.
Today: Sunday Stocktake
Okay, it’s time to get ready for the coming week with a quick Sunday Stocktake. In Week 1 of our Jump Start we already did a stocktake of our stored food, so you might want to quickly run through that again to check what you have in the cupboards, freezer and fridge.
For the rest of the week, also have a look to see whether you have any of these around the place:
- Store credit or gift cards for bookshops
- Library card
- Non-fiction books you haven’t read yet
- Notebooks, pens, pencils
- Art, craft, hobby or decorating materials
- Factual Blu-Rays, DVDs or subscriptions to TV / streaming services
- Fitness clothing and equipment
- Prospectuses / other info from local council or nearby adult education
That’s it for today, have a good look around, and I’ll see you back in ‘class’ on Monday bright and early.
Done, I am looking forward to this Tenner Week.
Me too 🙂
Comments are closed.