Tenner Week April 2015: Day 5
Hello! Time for some frugal Friday fun today.
The activity for Day 5 of this Tenner Week challenge is to raise some holiday money. This is so that you have some extra spending money in your pocket for when you go off on your summer holidays.
It’s completely up to you how you decide to do this, but you could pick one or more of the following:
- Set up a monthly direct debit to a savings account, timed for just after payday, so you save the money before you have a chance to spend it
- Sell unwanted items via listings on eBay, eBid, Preloved, Gumtree, OnlineCarBooty, ‘FaceBay’ Facebook sales pages etc
- Sell secondhand items in bulk to CeX, MusicMagpie and similar
- Sell in person at a car boot sale, a garage sale, tabletop sale, or private home sale (friends only for that one)
- Make items to sell at craft fairs, or via Etsy, Folksy etc
- Find a part time or freelance job to earn some extra cash
- Look at your monthly budget and choose a few places to cut back
- Have a no spend month for something: no new clothes, no clubbing, no gadgets – whatever your weak spot is
What’s happening here
I did manage another no-spend day yesterday after all, and spent a bit of time tweaking this site about in the evening. It was also the first time in nearly a month that I’ve had a day without chills or a nosebleed, so that’s progress!
That all took up a fair amount more time than I was expecting, so the only pampering managed was a quick file of my toenails and a speedy layer of base coat on the toes. Will have to make up for that at some point today.
There was leftover vegetable pasta for lunch, nice but not quite as delicious as the fresh version, and baked potato and fish fingers for dinner. Also rootled around the bottom of the freezer and found some odds and ends and bottoms of bags of different veggies – cooked all those up as a side dish and pretended it was a ‘vegetable medley’. Ha!
Mind you, I bet a lot of fancy restaurants do similar and pass that off as a vegetable medley too… Anyway, no obvious signs of scurvy.
For today’s activity I’ll be working on making some things to sell. More about that in due course.
I’m probably going to have a tiny Friday treat of some sort, like a nice coffee or a small bar of chocolate. Can’t be good all the time, can I?
Total spent yesterday: £0.00
Total spent so far: £1.00
What’s your budget looking like now, and are you still managing to eat some good, tasty meals?
How are you going to get some extra holiday money together today?
I still have £2.65 left. I only parted with £6.19 yesterday (we have to stretch tenner week to be tenner 12 days as there is no other money) . Enjoying the mini missions, my feet look lovely!
No holidays for us, but we do have change jars for various things – usually a trip to the Christmas market in Manchester and a couple of other funtivities that we wouldn’t usually do.
Hi thrift deluxe – sounds like you’re doing really well so far. Love the idea of ‘mini missions’! Will have to start calling them that from now on.
Comments are closed.