Day Two of this Tenner Week challenge – how are you doing so far? Hope nobody’s blown their budget just yet…
Today’s activity is to spend a few minutes to sort out your summer wardrobe. It’s up to you how you do this, but you could pick any one of these activities, or think up something else.
- Take warm weather clothes out of storage, and give them a wash to freshen them up
- Put away your heaviest winter coat and woollens (as long as they’re clean and safe from moths)
- Clean and polish any extra-warm winter boots, and put them into storage
- Move warm weather shoes to the front of the wardrobe or shoe rack
- Break out summer bags, hats or other accessories
- Wipe over travel bags and suitcases, wash toiletries bags
- Make a list of things you need for warm weather or holidays
I’ll be getting up to the top of the wardrobe and getting down my summer dresses, then putting them on a quick delicates wash. Then I’ll re-fill the box with my warmest coat and chunky winter scarves.
That’s a nice way to free up some room in the wardrobe. Not ready to break out the flip flops yet though.
What’s happening here
Yesterday I was hoping to start the week with a no-spend day, but had to go out and buy milk in the end. I spent £1 on a four-pinter and am hoping that will see us through the rest of the week.
Last night’s black bean fajitas were tasty, and there was enough chilli left over to have another meal out of it so I put the leftovers straight in the freezer once they’d cooled down. We had some tinned pineapple with sorbet on top for dessert. I have no idea how long that sorbet’s been in the freezer for, but it’s about time we ate it up….
Anyway, I think I can safely say that I had my 5-a-day with orange juice, vegetable soup, black bean chilli, home made salsa and some salad. Not bad really, considering how little fresh produce we have in the house.
I’m not doing the TV Diet during this particular Tenner Week, as I’m taking it easy and resting and trying to get over the bug I’ve had for the last couple of weeks. Reckon I’ve earned a couple of sofa-zombie evenings for rest and recuperation as part of that, at least for the start of the week.
Total spent yesterday: £1
Total spent so far: £1
How’s your Tenner Week going? Do you still have your whole £10? Are you eating okay?