Spring summer 2015 catwalk plum lips on a budget
This spring and summer the edgiest lip colour is plum, normally reserved for classic autumn palettes. The most striking looks had matte lips in shades of plum, wine and berry, as seen at Dolce & Gabbana, Topshop Unique, Burberry Prorsum and more.
So…how can you create looks like these on a tight budget? It’s not like we all have £17 to splurge on a single lippy, is it?
From left to right:
- Rimmel Kate Matte lipstick in shade 107 Wine, £5.49 at Superdrug (also in their current 3 for 2 deal) and Boots. Rich, long lasting colour in a non-drying formula.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in shade 128 Starry-eyed, £4.99 at Superdrug and Boots (look out for the 3 for 2 offer at Superdrug). A darker plum/wine colour.
- Boots 17 Stay Pout lipstick in Rule Breaker, £4.49 at Boots, also in buy one get one half price deal. Dark plum in long-lasting formula with stain.
- Collection Work the Colour Lip Butter in Perfect Plum, £2.99 at Boots or Superdrug. Moisturising, fairly sheer and a glossy colour that’s very easy to wear. Bargain!
- Collection Gothic Glam lipstick in Revenge, £2.99 at Wilkinson’s and Amazon. A striking dark shade that’s very long lasting and amazing for the price.
- NYX Matte Lipstick in Merlot, £6.00. Warm reddish-wine shade that’s really matte.
- NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar, £6.00. A muted nude-plum shade that looks great on fairer skin types. [currently out of stock, check back in a few days]
The most chic way to wear the 2015 Spring Summer plum lip is with a glossy eye look in old gold, sepia or soft bronze, plus minimal eyeliner. One of the easiest ways to get this look is with a light wash of Maybelline Color Tattoo gel eyeshadow in On And On Bronze, £4.99 at Superdrug.
Will you be rocking the plum lip look for spring and summer? What’s your favourite product?