It’s the last day of our Rest and Relax Week, and today is all about the old saying that a change is as good as a rest. Making a few changes here and there has been shown to make us happier, and there’s even a theory called the ‘hedonic treadmill’ that suggests we need to change up even our most favourite things otherwise they will eventually lose their sparkle.
So let’s think about our relaxation and leisure time, seeing as it’s a Friday. Forget having an early night…
All you have to do is pick an activity that you don’t usually do, and try something out of the ordinary for you. A few quick ideas:
- Cook something you don’t usually cook
- Order a new dish in a restaurant
- Try a new type of drink, or make a cocktail you haven’t made before
- See a new comedy act, play or band
- Go to a new bar or pub
- Attend a one-off event over the weekend: a pop-up, market, exhibition etc
Get out of your usual routine and comfort zone, and see how you get on.
What are you going to get up to?