We are now at the start of our fourth and final week of the September Jump Start challenge, and the theme of this week is ‘Not on a school night’! It’s all about getting plenty of rest and relaxation, and hopefully being more bright eyed and bushy tailed in the mornings during the working week.
By the way, you don’t have to be so strict on the Friday – it’s the last day of the Jump Start and it’s the start of the weekend too.
Everything this week has at least one free option, and the rest of the ideas are all low cost so there’s something to try whatever your budget. Here’s the schedule:
- Monday – Bedroom tidy and declutter (today, see below)
- Tuesday – A better night’s sleep
- Wednesday – Make a relaxing playlist
- Thursday – A few less irritations
- Friday – A change is as good as a rest
Today: Bedroom tidy and declutter
Mondays are often busy, tiring or stressful, so today we’re going to make a calmer, more restful atmosphere for sleeping. It costs nothing to have a quick clean and tidy up of your bedroom, but you might decide to add a few things to your shopping list if you’re trying to make the place look and feel a bit nicer.
Here are a few ideas:
- Put away general clutter on surfaces
- Dust or vaccuum
- Change the sheets
- Air the mattress or duvet
- Plump up pillows and cushions
- Declutter bedside drawers
- Put away clothes, accessories, makeup etc
- Organise drawers, cupboards or wardrobe
- Put unwanted items in the recycling or put aside for selling / charity
- Tidy away anything to to with work or chores
You might also want to add a few things to a shopping list, such as the following:
- New bedding
- New lamp or other lighting
- Paint or wallpaper
- Ornaments or artwork
- Clothes hangers, storage boxes, drawer organisers
Commit to buying something from your list on payday, if your budget allows.
Not everyone is a minimalist, so don’t feel that you have to take every single creature comfort out of the room if that isn’t your style. Just aim for tidy and cosy, according to your own personal tastes.
Today I’ll be trying to keep on top of keeping the surfaces clear, airing the bedroom and giving the room another quick dust in the evening.
What are you going to do today to complete this task? What does the space need to make it a calmer and happier place?