PF Advent Day 13: Last minute Xmas cake recipe
Today we have a really easy Christmas cake recipe for you, in case you haven’t made one already. This is the perfect last minute cake, given a delicious fruity-toffee kind of flavour by the secret ingredient: crushed pineapple. It doesn’t need weeks to mature, and can be made without alcohol if you wish.
- 300g raisins & sultanas (mixed)
- 200g glacé cherries
- 1/2 tin of crushed pineapple (or 1 small can)
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 200g butter/margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200g self-raising flour
1. Bring the raisins, sultanas, cherries, pineapple, sugar and butter to the boil in a large pan and simmer slowly for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Add the eggs, then sift in the flour. Mix well.
3. Line a square or round deep 8″ cake tin with greaseproof paper. Place mixture in the tin and bake at 160 degrees C for approx 1.5 – 2 hours. Cake is cooked when a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean and cake is firm to the touch.
4. Decorate with marzipan and icing for a traditional feel, or glaze with melted marmalade and add toasted whole almonds to the top for a nutty twist.
Hi Lili, give it a go, it’s really easy and tastes gorgeous.
Comments are closed.