Penny Choose: Twinings green tea with pineapple & grapefruit
This Monday’s cheap treat for the week is a green tea by Twinings that has added pineapple and grapefruit flavours. It’s a bit different and it’s nicely fruity and refreshing.
It’s available in most supermarkets and costs about £1.39 to £1.49 for 20 tea bags. The trick with it, as with all green teas, is to avoid brewing it for too long so that it stays fragrant and doesn’t take on a bitter aftertaste.
These tea bags can also be turned into iced tea for a cooling summer pick me up. Here’s my recipe:
Ingredients (per person)
- 1 tea bag
- 150ml boiled water
- 2 level tsp caster sugar
- 3 apple slices or 2 tbs apple juice
- A few fresh mint leaves
- Large handful of ice
1. Pour the boiling water over the tea bags and add the sugar, then brew for the usual recommended time.
2. Remove tea bags and set aside to cool.
3. Put apple slices or juice, ice and mint into a glass.
4. Pour over the cooled tea, stir and serve.
There you go, dead easy and very refreshing indeed on a hot muggy afternoon.