I’ve recently had the chance to try out the new ODEON Limitless scheme, so here’s a review of how I’m finding it so far.
If you don’t know about it already, Limitless is a subscription scheme that allows you to see unlimited standard 2D films in standard seats in standard ODEON auditoriums. You can turn up with your card and get tickets there and then for shows of your choice, or you can book online through their website (UPDATE: booking is now also available via their app, I hear). I’ve tried both ways of obtaining tickets now, and it’s all gone very smoothly.
Should you want to sit in the Premier seating, or to see a 3D movie and borrow 3D glasses, you can do this by paying a small supplement. I haven’t had the urge to do this yet, but I’ll keep you updated if that happens.
Who is this scheme ideal for?
You will get the most out of ODEON Limitless if you regularly like to go out to the cinema, you’re fairly sure that’s not going to change much over the next 12 months, and there’s an ODEON within easy reach of wherever you live.
Ticket prices vary from region to region, but as I live in the London area my experience is that going to the cinema at least twice per month using my Limitless card is enough to save money on the basic ticket price. That’s not too shabby for a cinema fan like myself who likes to go to the flicks on a weekly basis. I love it so far, and have not experienced any problems at all. It’s been a joy.
Key features of ODEON Limitless
- Standard monthly price £17.99, or £19.99 for Central London cinemas
- You can also pay for a year upfront and save 5%
- Minimum commitment to the scheme is 12 months
- Excludes ODEON Event Cinema, film festivals and other special or private screenings
- Excludes BFI IMAX and The Lounge at Whiteleys
- Cards have a picture ID on them – sharing is not allowed
- DOES include Blockbuster pricing, ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver Cinema and ODEON Screen Unseen
I’ve heard that they may be adding extra benefits to the scheme in due course, as it’s rolled out. If that happens, I’ll let you know. For full terms and conditions, visit the ODEON Limitless page.