Welcome back to our thrifty Wardrobe Week as part of the May Jump Start challenge. Today’s activity is to sort out our summer accessories.
It’s up to you what you decide to do today, but you could pick one or more of any of these:
- Take summer or beach bags out of storage
- Air or clean your summer bags
- Find sunglasses, and tighten the screws on the arms or clean lenses with glasses wipes
- Clean up a sunglasses case
- Dust, sponge clean or re-shape summer hats
- Hand wash your lightest scarves
- Move summer jewellery to the top of the jewellery case, or clean it and hang it with summer clothes
If there’s something missing that you’re really going to need, add it to your shopping list, especially if that includes sunglasses with good UV protection.
What’s happening here
I have a tan coloured bag that I only tend to use in the warmer months of the year, and I’m going to dig that out and give it a quick clean. Then I’ll put it away at the front of the wardrobe instead of the back.
Rumour has it that I might also be in the market for a new cotton scarf or two. They’re one of the easiest ways to bring a plainer outfit up to date for the new season, and if you hunt around they don’t have to cost too much either.
As for the jewellery, I have the more summery stuff stored away in a drawer, so I’ll let that see daylight again today too. Looking forward to dusting off my favourite turquoise necklace.
Do you have any summer accessories stashed away? What will you find in those boxes, cupboards and drawers today?