It’s Day Five of Health and Beauty Week, and seeing as yesterday was about healthy eating it’s time for a bit of beauty today instead. Our cheap and cheerful activity is to do a home manicure and pedicure and generally get our nails looking good.
You don’t need to get an expensive mani pedi to have sweet feet and hands. Everyone can have healthy looking feet, it isn’t just for the girly girls and that includes the guys as well – especially if you’re going to be wearing sandals or flip flops.
It’s also the perfect excuse to relax in front of the telly, or read a magazine or a book and listen to your favourite music. There’s nothing quite like a little bit of pampering, is there?
- Clean and scrub hands and feet
- Remove traces of nail polish, creams or oils
- If you have hard skin on your feet, file it with pumice stone or a foot file
- Trim or clip toenails, then file them
- File fingernails
- Gently push back cuticles
- If you’re using nail colour, apply a base coat to prevent staining
- Add 1 or 2 coats of colour to nails (optional)
- Apply top coat to finish manicure and pedicure (optional)
- Put your feet up, relax and allow nails to dry completely
- Apply cuticle oil, hand cream and / or foot cream
If you find any skin problems such as badly cracked skin, athlete’s foot, nail infections or a verruca today, don’t forget to add some over the counter chemist products to your shopping list or to make a doctor’s appointment.
What colour or colours are you going to be painting your fingers and toes today then? Or will you just be doing a quick clean, clip and file on them instead?