Jump Start May: Health & Beauty Week: Day 4
It’s Day Four of Health and Beauty Week, and it’s time to look at some healthy eating and drinking.
You don’t need to spend a huge amount of money to make yourself a healthy meal. Keep it simple, and stay away from too many processed ingredients.
So, today, make yourself at least one nice meal with plenty of fruit or vegetables in it. If possible, avoid adding lots of sugar and salt as well…
Some ideas you could try today:
- Breakfast smoothie with fruit and oats
- Breakfast bowl with fruit and coconut on top
- Spring vegetable soup and wholemeal bread
- Bean and vegetable soup
- Home made hummus and vegetable sticks
- Main course salad with beans, fish, or chicken, and home made dressing
- Stir fry vegetables, rice noodles and tofu or prawns
- Vegetable chilli and rice
There are loads of great recipes out there, so have a look around your fridge, freezer and cupboards – have a quick internet search for those ingredients plus the word ‘recipe’ – and cook yourself up a nice meal from scratch.
What are you thinking about making for yourself? My plan is to have an oat, almond and fruit smoothie for breakfast, and maybe some black bean and salad wraps for dinner with home made chipotle salsa…