Jump Start January 2017: Week 4: Day 5
Hello. Today we’re looking at a few ways to earn a little pocket money here and there. While a side hustle, a part time job, seasonal work or freelance work can earn you a nice chunk of money, it isn’t a suitable option for everyone for a variety of reasons. That’s where micro earning – making a few pence or pounds here and there – can come in.
Have a think about ways you could earn a tiny bit extra here and there. Here are a few ideas to get the ball rolling:
- Earn points doing surveys that you can convert into cash or shopping vouchers (avoid ones that just ‘put you into a prize draw’ for the month – you need to get paid for your time)
- Sign up with agencies for other types of consumer research, such as focus groups or reviewer panels
- Try being a mystery shopper (you often get to keep purchases as well as earning a pound or two here and there)
- Do micro tasks around town
- Get paid for searching the internet, try Qmee
- Collect cashback on your shopping (once you’ve found the best deal)
- Collect Supermarket points and join other loyalty schemes that give you points
While none of these are likely to make you rich, they will bring in a small drip, drip, drip of money and are mostly easy to do. For example, lots of people do paid online surveys after they’ve put the kids to bed or they’re sat relaxing on the sofa watching TV.
Do you already do any micro earning? Is there anything new you’d like to try?