Well, I don’t know about you but I’m totally ready for today’s Jump Start January activity – today’s idea is to have a good laugh. Perfect for a cold, rainy pre-payday January, that’s for sure.
All you have to do is spend 30 minutes or more enjoying some comedy or humour. Immerse yourself in some entertainment that makes you smile, giggle, or laugh out loud.
Laughing is good for you, and if nothing else it’s a welcome distraction from the lousy weather or the stresses and strains of everyday life. Ideally, try to find something that’s likely to make you laugh out loud. There’s nothing like a big old belly laugh.
Here are a few pointers for where to try:
- Television shows (on tonight, recorded, on demand, Freeview, iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video etc). Need inspiration? Try the British Comedy Guide.
- Comedy films – from rom com to political satire to comedy horror, there’s something for everyone
- DVDs and Blu-Rays – old faves, borrowed from friends or rented from the library
- Online shows & web series, or compilations of cat videos on YouTube
- Podcasts (video or audio)
- Books and audiobooks (old favourites, library, free from Amazon UK or Project Gutenberg)
- Live comedy – many local shows cost under £10, have a look
There’s also something called laughter yoga if you feel like trying something completely different (with apologies to Monty Python, of course). I’ve never tried it but you might find a class in your area to go along to. If you’ve ever had a go at laughter yoga or laughter therapy then please let us know.
If you don’t have time for a really good laugh this evening, either listen to a funny radio show during the day or record or download some comedy to enjoy over the weekend. Or arrange to hang out with a friend or relative who always makes you laugh your socks off.
What are you going to have your LOLZ with today? Any recommendations?