It’s the weekend – how are you getting on so far? Today’s Day Four of Tenner Week, and our daily challenge is all about keeping yourself entertained with free or cheap events.
Get out of the house today and take advantage of at least one event or activity. Take a packed lunch, snacks and water with you to keep the costs down, and try something interesting, new and different.
You might even be surprised at how many free / cheap things there are in your neighbourhood, or at least within easy reach today. You might find:
- Charity events or jumble sales etc
- Free music recitals from music students
- Street performances
- Activities for kids & families
- Festivals, regattas, annual traditional events
- Conservation / green events
- Tickets for a TV or radio recording
- Museums and galleries
- Exhibitions and promotions
- Free sport and fitness activities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Adult education (free or subsidised)
- Readings or library events
What’s happening here?
I’m going out for a nosey around a couple of free museums and art galleries today, with a flapjack or two in my handbag in case I get the nibbles – promise not to exit via the gift shop. Will almost certainly stop off for a tea or coffee somewhere though, think I have an e-voucher for a free Caffe Nero hot drink saved on my phone.
We’re having a store cupboard meal tonight using toad in the hole batter mix and chicken-style veggie bake, and some garden vegetables. Have also booked in for a film preview screening tomorrow, which is free through The Beau’s work and he gets a +1.
Total TV watched so far: 120 minutes (another episode of The Bridge Series 2 last night on catch-up. Total money spent so far: £1.59 (treats to get me through filing my online tax return).
How are you doing so far with spending, activities or goggleboxing?