Jump Start Jan: Declutter and Organise Day 2
As it’s the weekend, today’s declutter and organise activity can be either a simple one, or you can choose to take more time. We’re doing a health and beauty declutter, so let’s get started.
You can pick a single idea from the list below, or carry out more than one of them, as time or temperament allows.
Some ideas for this declutter:
- Sort through your medicines and remedies (carefully disposing of anything unwanted or out of date)
- Clean out and organise your bathroom cabinet
- Clear bottles, soap & brushes out of the shower, clean the shower, put only the most important stuff back
- Give back brushes, pumice stones, flannels, foot files and body buffers a good clean
- Wash combs, hair brushes or hair accessories
- Empty makeup bag, wash bag, wipe makeup cases clean
- Wash cosmetic brushes and sponges, lay flat on a towel to dry (don’t dry brushes with bristles pointing upwards or it loosens the glue and rusts metal bands)
- Make a shower ‘rush box’ for busy mornings: use a waterproof container and fill it with your morning essentials, such as everyday shampoo, conditioner, face wash and shower gel
- Make a bathroom shelf rush box for busy mornings/evenings: fill a low sided box with everyday cleanser, makeup remover, moisturiser, body lotion and deodorant
I’ll be giving my makeup brushes a big spring clean, and also clearing off the medicine shelf and making a list of medicines to replace.
Which of these will you be trying out today?