Jump Start Jan 2016: Tenner Week Day 2
How’s your budgeting going so far this week? Today might help your money go that little bit further because it’s time to find a freebie.
Today we’re looking at true freebies, so we’re not looking for free gifts that come with purchases, or anything that you have to pay the postage on.
Here are a few ideas for finding them:
- Free items on eBay and Gumtree where the buyer collects (look for things near to you)
- Stuff being offered on Freegle and Freecycle
- Free food samples from supermarkets, food stalls, posh chocolate shops
- Free cosmetics samples and makeovers in department stores
- Stuff left on the kerb in your neighbourhood (ask nicely before taking)
- Free online courses
- General freebie sites (Magic Freebies, Latest Free Stuff, FreebiesiteUK, Freebiers Club UK)
- If you’re in London, try the OLIO app (@OLIO_ex) for surplus food in your area
What’s happening here
I have found a printable money-off coupon for New Covent Garden Soup. It’s a £1 voucher, and is on promotion for £1 a carton at most shops = FREE from my local supermarket. It’s on their front page, wait for the scroll box to bring the offer round.
Where are you finding your freebies today? Please let everyone know how you get on!