Gift guide: More big brand beauty and skincare under £10
There’s nothing quite like picking out a few little beauty and skincare treats for your nearest and dearest at this time of year, although it can sometimes be hard to find a real bargain. I’ve always felt that a small and thoughtful gift means more than something bigger but more generic, so with that in mind I’ve hunted down some lovely stocking fillers and larger gifts in the £10 and under price bracket.
This gift guide is packed with all sorts of goodness, including beauty, nails, lipbalms and other skincare, and a few great haircare items too. There should be something to suit just about everyone on your list. Many of these offers include seasonal discounts or are in multi-buy offers, so snap them up if you find them at a good price because they might not be around for long!
Please note: prices were all correct at the time of writing, but expect them to go up and down over the next few days due to seasonal sales and rapidly changing promotions. Most of it should still stay well under the £10 mark though, whatever happens.
Nail polish & manicure treats under £10
From left to right:
- Orofluido Zen Beauty gift set, £9.95. A really pretty gift set containing two full size nail polishes in red creme and rose pink glitter, plus a 50ml hair elixir to tame frizz and boost shine.
- Essie Duo Gift Set in Unicorn Sparkles, £9 at ASOS, or Naked Nudes, £7.50 on offer at Feel Unique, or £9.05 at Amazon. These little boxes containing two seasonal nail colours are cult Christmas beauty must-haves every year, with new colours every time. This time around we have sparkly pink glitter and mint polish in one set, and a chic grey creme and sheer beige in the other set. Already sold out in most shops but there are just a few left if you’re quick.
- Mavala Seasonal Duo Set, £9.95, These mighty mini polishes are available in several different shades, but they always have a great quality, professional looking finish and real lasting power. Also in the 3-for-2 at Lookfantastic.
- Mavala Pink Cosmic Gift Bauble, £5.20. A sweet treat that will go down well with any manicure fan, with a choice of other colours and finishes in the range. Great quality and cute packaging.
Lip balm treats under £10
From left to right:
- Lanolips Tinted Balm SPF 30 Rhubarb bauble, £6.35. A good quality lanolin-rich lip conditioner with a sheer pretty colour tint. Selling like hot cakes too.
- Yes Studio You Da Balm vanilla lipbalm, £4.21. Available in a range of different flavours, and can we just take a moment to appreciate its gorgeous looks too? Lovely little treat.
- NYX Cosmetics #thisiseverything lip oil, on offer for £4.80 at Boots. Popular moisturising lip oil with a hint of a pink tint that’ll make an ideal stocking filler for your Insta-obsessed friends.
- Burt’s Bees A Bit of Burt’s Bees pomegranate gift bauble, £6.25 offer at FeelUnique, also in the 3-for-2. Contains their much-loved 100% Natural Pomegranate Lip Balm and classic Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream for happy winter hands and lips.
By the way, if you’re looking for vegan lipbalms then try the Hurraw! range at Lookfantastic. They have all kinds of flavours, some with SPF, and an unscented version too, and they’re reasonably priced as well.
Skincare gifts under £10
Top row, left to right:
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish cleanser gift set, £8.50. Includes a muslin cloth and a 50ml cleansing balm.
- Beauty Pro Eye Therapy under eye masks, £3.95 for three pairs. These collagen and green tea infused mini masks are nice and soothing and a lovely little treat for tired eyes, or for getting ready for a big night out. If you have a little more to spend, consider one of their beauty bundles of different masks for a bigger gift.
- Pixi Retinol Tonic 100ml, £8 on offer at M&S. The newest skin tonic in the Pixi range, this multi-action treatment has time release retinol and plenty of antioxidants to boost the skin. Plus it’s a smaller size so it fits under the £10 mark, although 100ml should still last you for months.
Middle row, left to right:
- Olay Total Effects 7-in-One anti ageing moisturiser with SPF 30, on offer for £9.99. There are lots of great offers on almost the whole Olay range, which is easily one of the best brands on the high street and contains lots of effective ingredients. I’ve included this one because it’s their bestseller, but fill your boots with anything else you like while the discounts are available because their moisturisers and serums are great. Top tip: buy their skincare that’s in airtight packaging with a pump, rather than a jar, as this means it stays fresher for far longer and you don’t lose the antioxidants.
- Caudalie Christmas 2018 cracker, £8.50. This French skincare gift contains treats from the Vinosource range worth a generous £20.50. Includes Micellar Cleansing Water 30ml, Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum 10ml and Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet 15ml, all wrapped up in a pretty gift box.
Bottom row, left to right:
- Bulldog Original Moisturiser cracker, on offer for £4.02. A useful, unfussy stocking filler for men with normal to dry skin, containing a full sized 100ml tube of cream that should last a while. There’s also a sensitive skin version you can pick up at Superdrug.
- Ecotools Stay Matte & Beautiful brush kit, £8.24. Great value for five nice brushes for face, eyes and lips, with the added bonus of being kinder to the environment.
- Real Shaving Co. Weekend Set, £4.99. Some great skincare minis for the fellas, just right for travel. Also available at high street chemists.
Haircare gifts under £10
From left to right:
- Mane & Tail Original shampoo & conditioner duo, £8.71. Get that mane glowing with this classic duo.
- Philip Kingsley Let it Shine gift cracker, £8.00. Treat someone to some premium quality haircare with a multi-award winning Elasticizer super-conditioning pre-shampoo treatment to add elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine, and a Daily Damage Defence to protect and condition hair during styling. The contents are worth about £20 so this is a bit of a steal, as well as a very good looking gift.
- Lee Stafford Hair Goals on the Go gift set, on offer for £6.37 and part of the 3 for 2 at Boots. Packed with 50ml minis including Hold Tight hairspray, an anti-humidity spray to beat the frizz, a dry shampoo and a shine spray.
- Umberto Giannini Mermaid Hair gift set, £5.25 and also in the 3 for 2 at Boots. Cleanse, nourish and style your locks with these moisturising products packed with UV protection and a beachy fresh fragrance. It’s vegan and cruelty free too.
- label m. Powder mini powder spray pack, £6.95. A really fun colour spray kit with four different shades to spray in for special effects such as colour-blocking and ombre looks, then easily wash out later. Perfect for festivals and human unicorns.
There are plenty of great gifts to be found in this price range, even if you have to hunt around a bit to find them. What do you think of these bargain stocking fillers and bigger presents?
If you liked today’s article you may also like yesterday’s article about big brand beauty under £10, which features all kinds of makeup loveliness that’s just right for gifting (or snaffling for yourself).