As the nights draw in, I’ve been looking for some home updates that make a night off a total pleasure. This season I’m in the mood for some deliciously decadent lounging, and here’s my ultimate home wish list.
Much of this is designer looks at high street prices, or designer collaborations with department stores, but I’d be happy to push the boat out a little more here and there for a few special pieces. Plus a lot of what I’ve spotted is in the sales or on special offer right now. So, when the boat comes in, here’s what I’ll be treating myself to for that home makeover…
Top row, left to right:
- Beaded cushion, Julien MacDonald, Designers at Debenhams. Reduced to £24.50 in the sale. The finishing touch for the boudoir or chaise longue.
- Mermaid mug by Dom and Ink. Available for £12.00 at NotOnTheHighStreet and Rock on Ruby. Because sometimes you just need a touch of magic with your caffeine.
- Black vanilla home fragrance diffuser, STAR by Julien MacDonald. Reduced to £15.40 at Debenhams. Relaxing, decadent fragrance for the colder months, with exactly the right amount of silvery sparkles.
- Clares Chrome 2-tier table lamp. £45 online exclusive at Dunelm. Throws refractions of rainbow patterns all over your walls, no unicorns required.
Middle row, left to right:
- Stranger Things ringbound notebook and journal. Notebook £9.33 by Lisa Rodil and hardcover journal £14.00 by Mollie Barbé at Redbubble. Unique gifts from two independent artists.
- Arctic fox faux fur throw by DIBOR. £79 at NotOnTheHighStreet. For £84 you get the throw plus a matching cushion, which is a pretty good deal. You know I’m going to loaf all over this pretending to be Greta Garbo, yaas?
- Bitter Truth Violet Liqueur. £19.15 at 31 Dover, or £19.19 at DrinkSupermarket. For making fabulous cocktails such as The Aviation, the Palma Violet and the Violet Gin Fizz.
- Swedish Rose gin by Hernö Distillery and That Boutique-y Gin Company. £37.95 for 50cl at Master of Malt. Made with distilled rose petals and recently crowned the world’s best London Dry gin in the International Wine & Spirit Competition (IWSC). Santa, please define ‘nice’, because you honestly don’t want to bring me a lump of coal this year, do you, sweetie?
Bottom row, left to right:
- Glitz table lamp. Reduced to £34.99 at Very. Very has basically knocked it out of the ball park this season with their range of home lighting – a lot of glow for not much dough, as we say around here.
- Octopus candelabra by Abigail Ahern. Reduced to £28.00 at Debenhams. A quirky centrepiece to start a few conversations and put the Kraken back into Christmas. Which is the true meaning of the festive season, obvs.
- Three wick black vanilla candle, STAR by Julien Macdonald. Reduced to £12.60 at Debenhams. A very glam large candle to match the room diffuser. There’s also a set of three smaller votives, now £11.20, either would make a pretty gift for someone special (or, ahem, yourself).
So that’s how I’m giving Santa the glad eye this December. Do you have any favourites in the picture above?