Time for some gift guides, bargain hunters! I’m starting off this year with some great value beauty ideas for small gifts and stocking fillers, and today’s Christmas 2017 gift guide is for perfumes and fragrances for £10 and under. They’re a mixture of small bottles, reasonably priced brands, and designer goodies at deep discounts.
Needless to say, it’s very tricky to find something really good in this price bracket, but I’ve pulled out all the stops and these are all excellent offerings – enjoy!
Top row, left to right:
- So…? Dark Romance EDP, 30ml for £2.99, on offer at Boots (usually £5.99). The big hit from the revamped So…? range, a good quality fragrance with notes of violet, vanilla and praline, good for evening wear. For a lighter daytime perfume try its sister, Sheer Illusion (also £2.99 in offer), a fresh jasmine-rose. Both great value for money.
- Ghost Deep night gift set, with a mini 10ml EDT and a bottle of dark plum nail polish, £8.00 from Superdrug. Top notes of Indian rose and belle de nuit flower, middle notes of ripe peach and moon flower, base notes of vanilla orchid and precious wood. There are four different gift sets in the range, including three lighter daytime scents.
- Oscar de la Renta Flor EDP, 30ml for £9.95 on offer at AllBeauty. A zesty, sparkling blend of peony, lychee, mango, pink jasmine, cassis and light musk. A modern designer eau de parfum for less than a tenner, this is a steal for the price.
- Rouge Absolue EDP 30ml for her, £8.00, and Urban Elements Marble 30ml EDT for him, £10.00, both from Next. Good quality at low prices, and smelling a lot like high end designer fragrances (Armani Si and Creed Aventus respectively). Their whole fragrance range is worth a look, with mini gift sets from just £6.00.
- Zara Red Vanilla EDT 30ml, £5.99. A nice little stocking filler that smells very similar to Lancome’s La Vie Est Belle, also available in 100ml bottles for £9.99.
- M&S Summer Rose EDP by Rosie for Autograph, 15ml for £8.00. Lovely fresh rose-lily-musk floral in a handbag-sized bottle which is in the same area as some of the lighter Stella flankers by Stella McCartney, although not identical. Their Autograph New York New York EDT, 25ml for £8.50, is good value too, and it’s very similar to the original Jimmy Choo for Women (they share notes of toffee, patchouli, pear and orchid).
- Polaire EDT by Yardley, 50ml on offer for £7.95 at AllBeauty. Yardley revamped their line with some impressive new offerings in the last couple of years, and this is a contemporary, pretty floral chypre with a powdery base. I also love Hermina, their clean herbal unisex fragrance that reminds me of some of the pricey Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterranneo range, especially Mirto – that’s only £6.75 for 50ml at AllBeauty.
- Viva La Juicy EDP by Juicy Couture, 7.5ml for £8.99, exclusive to Boots. The popular perfume with fruity-floral-gourmand notes, shrunk to travel size in a cute little gift box.
- Scent to Sleep Intensive Deep Sleep by Neom Organics, 5ml pulse point fragrance oil (lavender, sweet basil and jasmine) on offer for £7.20 at AllBeauty. Great for stressed out friends, and anyone who’s into organic beauty. There’s also a matching pillow mist 5ml and a bath and shower oil 10ml for the same price, or a really nice gift set for £18.00. The whole Neom range is on offer at the moment, including Happy, Energy, De-stress, and Calm & Relax fragrances.
Other top tips for bargain fragrances this season
An honourable mention also has to go to the Bloom fragrances at Superdrug (a lot like Jo Malone colognes but affordable to mere mortals), their gift pack of three different travel sized eau de toilettes is only £6.00 this week, and there are some matching candles for £5.00 too.
The big online retailers have thousands of fragrances under £20.00 at the moment, including Black Friday deals and clearance offers. I’ve found some excellent deals at AllBeauty, Boots has plenty of big brands and some cheap & cheerful gift sets, and Superdrug, Fragrance Direct and Direct Cosmetics are definitely worth a trawl for gift sets and small bottles of discounted designer perfume and aftershave.
FeelUnique is great for contemporary fragrance gifts at good prices, HalfPricePerfumes has lousy navigation on their website but often contains hidden gems if you have the patience, and The Fragrance Shop is always good for big discounts on top brands. PerfumeClick has deep discounts on thousands of well known fragrances and gift sets for Black Friday – so you might need to get in there quick before things start selling out.
Stocking fillers under £10 for teens
Some of you have been asking me for ideas for teenagers, and there are some cracking new releases around this winter if you’re looking for interesting stocking fillers.
Left to right:
- Impulse Body Sprays, £3.48 in Superdrug promotion (usually £6.99). Fun, bang up to date light fragrances with crazy names like Burnt Marshmallow & Leather Jacket (sweet and spicy) and Whipped Cream & Microchip (soft and clean). Good for casual wear, relaxing at weekends, and spritzing on as you leave the gym.
- Wonder Woman retro gift set, 60ml EDP and 150ml body lotion, £8.99 from Truffle Shuffle on Amazon. Official DC Comics merchandise for the Amazonian warrior in your life, hot on the heels of this summer’s blockbuster. Top notes of mandarin, green tea and bergamot; middle notes: cassis, peach, rose, orange blossom and jasmine; base notes of vanilla, sandalwood, tonka, patchouli, amber and cedarwood.
- Superdrug Layering Lab body sprays, 150ml, £2.59 per bottle. These work well individually, but you can also layer them over one another to make interesting combinations. Buy two or three so they can experiment.
An honourable mention goes to the fragrance spritzes from the Zoella beauty range too, sure to make most tween girls happy. Prices from £4.00 for 45ml in the sale at Superdrug, and all pocket money friendly.
Other Christmas gift guides you might like:
- Christmas 2017 gift trends, with deals & offers
- Bargain skincare gifts, cult beauty from as low as £5
- Bargain makeup gifts, beauty treats with prices from £5.00
- Bargain bath and body gifts, with treats from £4.99
Remember to check my latest guide for any Black Friday discounts too.
Have you seen any other amazing perfume bargains? Please share if you’ve bagged a brilliant deal!