Catwalk looks for less: Petal pink nails
It’s time to expect some interesting nail looks for spring / summer 2015, and one of them is the return of petal pink and pale pink colours. Here’s my pick of the high street bargain nail polishes that will give you high fashion looks at a fraction of the designer price.
There’s something to suit most moods, from barely-there sheers that add a healthy touch of gloss to luxe and sports-chic outfits, to strong opaques that grab the attention and create a girly contrast when paired with tougher clothes. Nail art this season includes silver studs on pink and nude nails, and some interesting finishes and textures.
From left to right:
1. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Shell We Dance – a soft, sheer colour that’s easy to apply and wear, and work appropriate too. Long lasting big 14.7ml bottle. £6.99 at Superdrug.
2. NYC New York Color Expert Last Nail Polish in Oh Soho Sweet 170 – a total bargain and a very flattering semi-sheer nudey-pink colour. Performs as well as similar products that are several times more expensive. £2.49 at Superdrug.
3. Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Rose Hip – if you want an opaque pale pink, this should do the trick in just two coats without that weird powdery look you get from some pastels. £3.99 at Superdrug and in their ‘2 for £6’ offer, or £3.99 at Boots and in their ‘2 for £7’ offer.
4. Rimmel 60 Seconds Rita Ora Nail Polish in Lose Your Lingerie – a fun budget option that has a ‘glow’ in it rather than an obvious shimmer. £2.99 at Superdrug and in their ‘buy 1 Rimmel get the 2nd half price’ offer, and £2.99 at Boots too.
5. L’Oreal Color Riche Top Coat in Boho Look 937 – seriously pretty top coat, perfect for Spring weddings and festivals, with pink petal shreds and flower sequins in it. As with all sequins, toothpick required to get perfect placement. £4.99 at Superdrug and in their ‘3 for 2’ L’Oreal offer.
See anything you like there? Which one’s your favourite?