Let’s raise a glass to some bargain fizz in time for Christmas and New Year – here’s my guide to the best value supermarket prosecco, cava and other sparkling wines for 2023.
There are plenty of medal winners, discounts and multi-buy offers around right now so it’s time to stock up on these delicious prosecco, cremant and cava deals.
Best cheap supermarket prosecco
Prosecco is always popular for parties and special occasions that call for a bit of fizz, and it’s much more affordable than many other types of sparkling wine.
While the supermarket prosecco offerings didn’t win nearly as many medals as the best value supermarket champagnes this year, there are still some good ones to try. These four award-winning proseccos are great value for money.
Asda Fillipo Sansovino Extra Dry Prosecco D.O.C | £7.50
- On offer this week for £7.00 per bottle, also in their 3 for £19 offer << PENNY’S PROSECCO PICK
- Awards: IWC Silver Medal 90/100, IWSC Bronze Medal
- Notes: Deliciously fresh with delicate aromas of green apple, pear and white flowers on the nose, and refreshing lemon sherbet flavours on the finish.
- Buy at >> Asda
Waitrose Blueprint Prosecco DOC | £7.99
- Reliable, popular and reasonably priced
- Awards: Good Housekeeping Best Prosecco Winner 80/100, IWSC Bronze Medal
- Notes: Fresh and fruity with lemon, pear and apple flavours, and long lasting bubbles.
- Buy at >> Waitrose supermarkets or Waitrose Cellar
Lidl Prosecco Spumante Valdobbiadene Superiore Extra Dry | £7.49
- Not the cheapest prosecco from Lidl, but worth paying the extra £2 for
- Awards: Good HouseKeeping 2nd place 79/100
- Notes: Aromas of crisp apple, stone fruit and elderflower, complex flavour with honeyed sweetness on the palate.
- Buy at >> Lidl (in store only)
Tesco Finest Prosecco Rosé | £8.00
- Award winning pink fizz
- Awards: Good Housekeeping 3rd place 79/100, IWC Bronze Medal, IWSC Bronze Medal
- Notes: Flavours of strawberries, raspberries and citrus, with a delicate, creamy and and elegant mousse. Serve chilled as an aperitif or with light desserts.
- Buy at >> Tesco
Co-op Irresistible Prosecco | £9.00
- Look out for regular Co-op members’ discounts
- Awards: Which? Magazine Best sparkling wine award 3rd place & 77/100.
- Notes: Light floral aromas on the nose, fruity palate with notes of pear.
- Buy at >> Co-op
Best supermarket Crémant sparkling wines
French crémant sparkling wines are made in the same way as champage, so while there are subtle differences from the soil the grapes are grown in you’ll still be getting something very similar flavour-wise. The main difference is that they have much lower prices.
This year has seen several really excellent supermarket crémants winning a string of high profile awards, and I’ve picked out four of the best for you here.
Aldi Specially Selected Brut Crémant du Jura | £8.99
- This one’s a real bargain if you live near a branch of Aldi
- Awards: Decanter Silver Medal 93/100
- Notes: Notes of apple on the nose, fresh, fruity and vibrant on the palate, classy and complex, long finish.
- Buy at >> Aldi (click & collect / in store only)
M&S Crémant de Bordeaux Brut NV | £10.00
- I buy this for a treat on a semi-regular basis, it’s a bit of a steal!
- Awards: IWC Great Value Champion Sparkling 2023 93/100, IWC Great Value Sparkling under £12
- Notes: Attractive floral aromas, apple and brioche flavours, lively mousse and elegant finish.
- Buy at >> M&S by the case, or single bottles for £10.50 at Ocado
Asda Crémant de Bourgogne Brut NV | £13.00
- Currently on offer for £10 per bottle and well worth stocking up on at this price
- Awards: IWC Great Value Sparkling between £12 and £20, IWC Silver Medal 91/100, Decanter Silver Medal 90/100, IWSC Bronze Medal
- Notes: Lovely rich apple and greengage with floral notes. Touch of brioche and a pleasing finish.
- Buy at >> Asda
Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Crémant d’Alscace | £11.50
- Currently £10.50, and also in ‘buy and 6 get 25% off’ deal
- Awards: Which? Magazine Best sparkling wine equal 1st place winner & 80/100
- Notes: Subtle, complex and well balanced, with aromas of toasted almonds and green apple and lemon on the palate.
- Buy at >> Sainsbury’s
Asda Extra Special Crémant d’Alsace Brut | £11.00
- In buy 3 get 25% off deal, making it £8.25 per bottle
- Awards: Decanter Silver Medal 91/100, IWSC Bronze Medal
- Notes: Vivid and fresh on the palate with peach, pear and nutty notes, and persistent bubbles.
- Buy at >> Asda
Other award winning sparkling wines
We have a couple of big award winners in the £10 and up category if you like a glass of cava or asti.
On a tighter budget this year? Don’t worry, I’ve got you. If you’re looking for great value sparklers under £5 or £6, scroll down for a bargain dry cava and a sweeter Asti Spumante.
Waitrose No1 Castillo Perelada Cava Brut 2021 | £12.00
- A real crowd pleaser – 2021 turned out to be a good vintage
- Awards: Which? Magazine Best sparkling wine award equal 1st place & 80/100.
- Notes: Delicate, fresh, citrus fruitiness complemented by a subtle bready character and a lingering, complex finish.
- Buy at >> Waitrose and also Waitrose Cellar
Asda Casa Luis Cava Brut NV | £5.75
- Cheap and cheerful triple award winner for under £6, serve with snacks << PENNY’S PARTY PICK
- Awards: IWC Silver Medal 90/100, IWSC Bronze Medal, Decanter Bronze Medal
- Notes: Dry, fine cava with lovely balance and long finish. Light and crisp with apple, lemon, toast and almond flavours.
Buy at >> Asda
M&S Found Asti Secco | £10.00
- Great quality dry Asti
- Awards: Which? Magazine Best sparkling wine award equal 3rd place & 77/100.
- Notes: Grapey aromas with floral, peach lychee, sage, and passion fruit flavours. Refreshing and balanced.
- Buy at >> Ocado
Tesco Bella Cucina Sweet Asti Spumante 2022 | £4.75
- For sweet-toothed fans of budget sparkling wine
- Awards: IWSC Silver Medal 90/100
- Notes: This sweet, refreshing Asti has flavours of grapes, lychees and citrus fruits, and a clean finish.
- Buy at >> Tesco
This site may get paid a small amount of commission for purchases made after clicking a link in this post. There’s no extra cost to you & it keeps us going so please support us if you can.
Enjoying this post? You may also like:
- Best value supermarket champagne for 2023
- Best supermarket liqueurs for Christmas
- This year’s biggest gifting trends
- Christmas decorating trends in 2023
Which one of these best value supermarket proseccos or other sparkling wines will be going in your shopping basket?