Here are the 24 pieces that will make up the basis of the capsule wardrobe I’m going to try to wear all September.
Last week I wrote about capsule wardrobes, why they look great but don’t quite work, and how some of these problems can be addressed. Now I’m going to put my money where my mouth is and give it a go in real life.
They’re nearly all old clothes, as I was hoping to avoid buying anything new for this. I did have to pick up a pair of flat shoes (£12.99 at TKMaxx) and a pair of tights (£2 from Primark) to make the fashion maths add up, but they’re both going to get plenty of use and it’s allowed for lots of extra combinations so they’ll earn their keep.
The rules are as follows:
- Wear the wardrobe for the whole of September without duplicating outfits
- Every item needs to be used at least three times during September
- It doesn’t need to cater for special events, business meetings etc
- I get to wear high heels on a night out (yeah, and you can’t stop me)
- Can add in a few extra plain vests and t-shirts in neutral colours where needed
So here we go, two jersey tops:
Shirt and jumper:
Waistcoat and jacket:
Two pairs of trousers:
Shoes and boots:
Trainers and baseball boots:
That’s it. Let’s see how it goes…
Do you have a capsule wardrobe of your own? If so, please let me know if you have any useful advice.